So, apparently, it’s New Year’s Eve.
I feel like if I write a super-sappy post I’ll look back next year and say, “Jacob, what the hell is this?”
So instead I will make a list of things. This is not a list of new year’s resolutions. Resolutions are so…passe. The whole concept is like, “OMG I’m going to wake up tomorrow and it’ll be the BEST DAY EVER AND MY LIFE WILL BE GLORIOUS THE ANGELS WILL SING”…um, no. I’m still going to be me when I wake up tomorrow. We don’t have resolutions for any other holiday. In fact, for most other holidays require us to make lists. Wish lists, shopping lists, that whole naughty-and-nice list thing, I could go on and on…
So I’m going to make a 2014 To-Do List. No big whoop, just some things that are on my mind.
- Write more blog posts. Self-explanatory.
- Start a new writing project, and finish some old ones. Possible.
- Keep up the 4.0 streak. I’ve never had it until this semester, so hey, why can’t I just keep it around?
- Exercise. Not more, not less, just exercise.
- Read more. Books, not BuzzFeed.
- Avoid spending too much time on phone. Apps = death.
- Start keeping Shabbat again. Or at least stop using technology.
- Maintain better friendships. A visit to Houston might be in order for this to happen, otherwise I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing in Madison.
- Do something active whenever possible. Not too keen on running outdoors, especially in wintry Wisconsin, but gym, dance class, or maybe even judo if I can find the time.
- Pay more attention in class. My new iPad is not helping with this, but maybe it’ll get me to start.
To-Done List (AKA Things I Got Done in 2013)
- Got into a PhD program.
- Did some fun dramaturgy work.
- Found amazing help when I needed it most.
- Defended my thesis.
- Got a master’s degree. (I can’t believe I JUST thought of this)
- Got back in the game with Alpha Phi Omega at UW.
- Got published in a print journal.
- Made some good friends.
- Spent less time being sad.
- Started a blog and stuck with it.
That’s all for this year folks. See ya in the morning.