It only happens once every four years, and since I spent most of my Leap Day not being too silly (okay, so I did teach and lead my classes in a Song Battle) so here are some silly thoughts to round out the day.
- If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, you may want to check with your doctor. Especially if you’re a woman.
- When life gives you lemons, make lemon puppets.
- Time flies like the wind. Horse flies, you’ve got trouble.
- May, June, July, August Wilson was one of the seminal American playwrights of the twentieth century.
- Iran and Iraq, if you hate each other so much, what’s with the matching names? You two look like the sisters from The Shining.
- You can dance if you want to, but dance even when you don’t want to, because you have nothing to lose. Except if you have like a broken foot or something. Then you should sit down.
- It’s not eating cake mix out of the box if you throw in some milk, vanilla extract, baking powder, put it in a mug, and heat it for 2 minutes. It’s a cheaper and better tasting treat than any pastry from Starbucks.
- I’m glad that I have a frenulum, which prevents the tongue from detaching itself and rolling backwards, but I do wish I could eat citrus fruits without it getting too inflamed.
- Why isn’t laundry called “launwet” after you take it out of the washer and put it in the dryer?
- Spring forward, fall back. Except if you’re Beyonce at the Superbowl.