I think my friend Katie posted this link on Facebook, and I just couldn’t let it go. The capital letters are annoying but it’s all true.
Hello loneliness, my old friend. If you know me, you know that I pretty much am the embodiment of loneliness. For all intents and purposes, I’m a shut-in who only emerges to work and occasionally dance.
I looked at this list, and in random order, here are my reactions to the bullet points:
- Maybe not Neflix, but YouTube.
- Not exactly, but yes, in other ways.
- Oh my gosh, yes!
- I have no idea what this means.
- I hope not. I don’t think so.
- Usually the opposite happens for me, but I can see it happening to other people.
- Not applicable to me.
- Absolutely. You have no idea.
- Sadly, yes, at times.
- Exactly, exactly, exactly, especially in the digital age.
- I actually cannot do this.
- Yes, no matter how much it sucks and no matter how much anyone tells me so.
- I believe this, but usually I have a hard time doing it.
- This is hard for anyone to do, but once I do it, I sound/feel/look stupid.
- Yeah, pretty much.