I’m telling you, it works every time.
If you’re tired of reading about gun control, homophobia, or anything political, this post is for you.
It has been a busy few days for me, and a good deal of my time has been spent in used stuff stores – not the Columbus Antique Mall, but three out of the six St. Vincent de Paul thrift shops in town (Dig-N-Save, Willy Street, Odana; might go to the Stoughton one later this week). What I found, though, was some really great crap for sale. Here’s some of what I saw.
- A Berta Hummel-themed glass service set. Because the world just needs more Berta Hummel. Or something like that.
- An antique baby carriage. My first thought? You could plant some flowers in it.
- A hobby horse. Who wouldn’t love a conversation piece like that?
- A set of four floral drinking glasses. Upon further examination, they were actually just weirdly shaped candle holders, I think.
- A wooden tiki mask with a crooked smile. Nightmare fuel, pure and unleaded.
- A coffee mug from the Luxor Casino in Las Vegas saying “Kathy” on it. It would be very interesting to have a set of coffee mugs from different places with random peoples’ names on them. I already have my Las Vegas “Bernie” cup, which I wrote a post about awhile back when I found it, but I already have a cabinet full of coffee mugs and don’t need one more.
And the piece de resistance…
- A teddy bear stuck inside a lemon costume. I just couldn’t walk by it without smiling or laughing, so guess who’s now sitting with all his cousins on my windowsill.
Oh, and yay for my 35,000th new flag visitor, from Papua New Guinea. Here’s to 35,000 more!