I’m back from my whirlwind, 4-day trip to Nashville, just to say: happy fifth blogiversary to me.
Can’t believe I forgot about my blogiversary, which was this week. So, happy blogiversary to me! I wouldn’t be here without all those who read/follow me (1,722 and counting! Tell your friends!) so a great big thank you to all of you.
I’ve been getting quite a lot of reading done this month, in between playing apps, watching Twin Peaks, and trying to avoid any and all responsibility. I’ve actually managed to finish a grand total of 17 books. Here’s the list, and the ones in bold I will post about (or already have, so stay tuned.
- Gisela Konopka, Courage and Love
- Amulya Malladi, The Mango Season
- Scarlett Thomas, Bright Young Things
- Esme Raji Codell, Sahara Special
- Italo Calvino, If on a winter’s night a traveler
- Joseph Gangemi, Inamorata
- Catherine O’Flynn, The News Where You Are
- Winifred Watson, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
- Tom Miller, The Panama Hat Trail
- Jon Krakauer, Under the Banner of Heaven
- Aatish Taseer, The Temple-Goers
- Conor Grennan, Little Princes
- Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express
- Gail Tsukiyama, A Hundred Flowers
- Masha Hamilton, The Camel Bookmobile
- Madhur Jaffrey, Climbing the Mango Tress
- Prem Kutowaroo, In Search of Love
So, see you next month! (Which is in about five minutes.)
Thanks for all the good wishes, y’all! You’re the reason I write, so come and bring more friends, it’s all good. I will get back to all of your comments. Has anyone received a letter from me yet? I haven’t heard.
I thought I’d look back on some of my favorite posts from this past year, and share them with you here. Join me on this trip down memory lane.
Flip The Script Friday: Stella Kon, Emporium and Other Plays – a particularly fine post, if I do say so myself.
Weekend in the Northwoods: A great weekend full of memories which I felt I encapsulated really well.
The Terrible Hallmark Valentine’s Day Movie Generator and The Overly Dramatic Memoir Generator: So much fun to make. I would love ideas on another one.
On Playwriting: Simple name, easy-to-read post.
Post Within A Post Within A Post: Post-ception.
So, Who Has A Lady Problem They’d Like to Share?: A fun story, which someone really needs to `make into an action movie or something.
Three years ago tonight, That’s So Jacob came to be…happy third blogiversary to me!