Today was my very last day as an elementary school teacher. The school closes down at the end of the week.
Just before 1 PM, I officially turned in my second and last final paper of the semester.
And then I was free.
And I had no idea what to do.
So, of course, I sat inside doing not much of anything, then went food shopping and out to dinner by myself Noodles, and spent the rest of the night in, doing nothing.
I’m horrible at keeping resolutions, but here’s a list of things that I want to accomplish this summer:
1. Read. Just bona fide read for pleasure.
2. Clean apartment, for real. I shudder to think at what’s at the back of my fridge.
3. Try out some new recipes.
4. Run around the lake, at least once.
5. Catch up with friends.
6. Go somewhere new (hopefully a country, but a city or state will do).
7. Practice at the dance studio.
8. Research getting a new laptop, back up files, and purchase said new laptop.
9. Be a better blogger.
10. Get on a decent food/sleep/exercise schedule.
Well, that’s some pretty lofty stuff right there…clearly I have set the bar high.