This might just be among the weirdest posts I’ve ever made, but I’m wondering what it is that makes you feel human.
Call me materialistic, but for me, there’s something about sensations that makes me feel so much…like me. None of these things are too shameful in and of themselves, rather they’re indulgences, but for some reason, they make me feel like a person. I don’t know how else to explain it, but maybe…that feeling when you do something wrong, but it’s something that doesn’t really matter in the long run (nobody is hurt, no one died), and you shrug and say “I’m only human,” and you’re right. And then you go back to feeling like yourself and wait for the next thing to happen.
For me, it’s my favorite scents:
- Most anything from Crabtree & Evelyn
- Nautica Aqua cologne (or whatever it’s called)
- A brand-new bar of soap (tonight I opened a bar of Waterlily and Jasmine by Asquith & Somerset
It’s certain sounds:
- Rain falling at night
- A dryer
- The clicky sound whenever you download a new app on your iPhone
And certain sensations:
- Scrubbing with a loofah
- Getting into a warm bath
- Picking up a piece of garbage from the ground (this is probably the weirdest one)
- Putting my nose inside my shirt, counting to ten, and then the cool sensation when I take it out (okay, this might be weirder)
- Quilts and duvets that are slightly on the heavy side
- A fan blowing lightly on my skin
- Other things I probably shouldn’t share in a forum as public as a blog…
What about you?