Last night, I went to see the tour of Israel Story Live! That’s What She Said. It was basically a live version of a podcast called Israel Story Live, that told five woman-based stories:
- the story of Shavit, who became obsessed with documenting the lives of Israel’s female Parliament members
- the story of Lizzy, who searched for her mother’s past and her biological father, and finding the answers in a childhood photo
- the story of Mariam, a Bedouin woman who rebelled and went abroad only to come back to her home village and become an entrepreneur
- the story of Yisca, whose journey to a new identity crossed genders, religions, and oceans
- and the story of Ruth and Ramonda, wives of political bigwigs from opposing Israeli/Palestinian factions.
There was live music, video, dancers, storytellers, and more than a few technical difficulties, but on the whole, it was AMAZING. I’m running out of words to describe it.
I loved it so much that I bought a CD of the music group who played at the show and halfway home realized that I don’t have any type of CD player. Yep, that good.